Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy Times........

 i first have to apologize for the definite lack of posts.  i promised myself that i would try to post at least a few times a week and boy, have i not done that.  things have been super busy here and i am loving that!  i have had the opportunity to do so many custom designs in the last few weeks.  they are my favorite.  i love to see ideas that customers bring me and how we can put them into the perfect concept for an amazing party.

i have a really good friend that i have never actually met in person.  we were both pregnant and on bed rest with our twins at the same time.  she in california and i here in baltimore.  our twins are about 2 weeks apart and both sets just turned four.  jacob and mia, andrea's twins had the cutest birthday party at a bakery.   the bakery provided all kinds of adorable favors for the kids and they each were able to decorate their own cupcake to take home.  LOVE!   i was so excited when andrea contacted me to do some favor tags for her and some fun centerpiece signs to use at the party.


  
I have promised myself that I wanted to try to do more boy party themes.  Having three girls, it is so easy to find myself doing all girl things, all pink!  I was really excited when another good friend asked me to do a pirate themed party for her youngest, Max.  

 And probably the most original, creative party that I have ever done was the Shel Silverstein party.  When Robin contacted me to do this party for her son Justin's 4th birthday, I have to admit, I was really nervous about ideas and how to put this party together.  I know Shel Silverstein, but never really read many of his books as a child and wasn't really sure.  I headed to the library and checked out several of his books and started to research.  Well, the ideas just started coming in.  Robin is so creative and together, her and I came up with a really cool party.  I tried my hand at sketching some illustrations for the invite.  I was able to sketch the tree with no problems, but enlisted the help of the super talented duo behind Piggy Bank Parties for the perfect illustration of a little boy.  I sent them a picture of Justin and they nailed it!  If you ever need any design work check them out!  I just mailed out her party pack today and can't wait to see pictures of this fabulous party!






1 comment:

  1. We are so honored to be included in your post! Thank you so much for your kind words! Looking forward to another collaboration in the future.

    ReplyDelete